Saturday, November 8, 2008

Oh, brothers...






Tonight I'm thinking about my brothers. I want to ask you to pray for them. I've posted their pictures above. My oldest brother Joey is in the first picture holding fish (my dad's knee is in the shot). The next picture is my second to oldest brother Jeff and our dad. The last picture is of my youngest brother and our dad. I am the baby of the family :-) No picture. Two weeks from today, on Saturday November 22nd, it will two years since the passing of our dad from this life to Heaven. I still miss him as much today as I did the day he died. Since his passing life has changed for all of us. We all grieve in our own ways. I guess writing down my thoughts is how I handle things. I am not sure how they grieve, but I know they miss daddy as much as I do. I would love to write about each one and actually started to, but they are all so private. I don't want to post anything they wouldn't want the world to read. They aren't as transparent as me :-) It's amazing how 4 children can be raised in the same house, by the same parents and turn out so differently. Regardless of our differences we are all saved by the blood of the lamb and we will all see daddy again. My only request is that you pray for them as the anniversary of daddy's death approaches. Thanks.

Blessings always.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Susan,
I understand exactly what you're feeling. First of all I love you for being my friend but mostly for being such a warrior in Christ. Thank you for sharing your love of our Father so openly. I am so inspired by you. What a gift the Lord as given to me and the rest of the world. The 26th will be three years in losing my daddy. Today is his earthly birthday. I miss him so terribly. I must admit that I ache so deeply inside my heart. I am just thankful to have the Lord and friends like you in my life. I can't imagine it without either. I will be praying for you and your family and ask that you do the same.I hate that we share this but am glad to have someone to speak with though. Blessings and love always dear freind.

Melanie

Susan said...

Melanie I just said a prayer for you and will continue to pray for you throughout this season. I am so thankful to have you in my life too. Love to you. Susan

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy