Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Busy week ...

Hello friends, This is a very busy week for our family. Olivia has her piano recital tonight and she is so excited. I have to say I am extremely amazed at how much she has learned since beginning piano in September. I wished you could hear her play; she never uses her book (she plays all of her songs from memory). She is a brilliant child, just like her daddy ( who also plays many piano songs by ear). Tomorrow I have an A Beka book show to go to; I am still debating which history and science books I am going to use to teach Olivia next year. Yesterday I wrote out my lesson plans for the books that I currently have ( it's very exciting to think I'll be teaching her at home starting in July!!!! ) what a blessing!

Speaking of blessings, we didn't think we'd get to go to the beach this year considering Chris will be in Thailand for 11 days, but yesterday a co-worker offered his beach house to Chris for this upcoming weekend. He gave us a great deal. May 25th will be our 13th Wedding anniversary and Chris called me yesterday and asked if I could drop everything this weekend and run off to the beach, I said "do you really need to ask me that? of course." Olivia is thrilled. I plan to pull her out of school around 10:00 Friday and we'll be on the road. Now that is a blessing. Isn't God good?

I have a friend who lives in High Point, NC who just found out she has breast cancer and yesterday she had her breast removed and a lymph node. I called to pray with her last night and as we talked she said she knew people were praying for her because she was so calm and had a peace. She said she had no pain. Now that is a blessing too. God is so good?

Tell someone today (blog to me) how God is good to you. It may not be something as dramatic as a trip or surgery, but God is working in all of us. . Let's praise Him and tell others.

Go be a blessing.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy