Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Miracle

Yesterday I was watching Little House on the Prairie as I do on many days. In this particular episode Charles's son James was shot by a bank robber and lay in a coma. Charles went to church every night praying for a miracle. Everyone thought he was crazy, even the pastor. Charles told Rev. Alden that the Bible talks of many miracles and he believed in them. Rev. Alden said in all of his years as pastor he had not witnessed a miracle. Finally Charles decided to take James on a trip to the base of a mountain. There he read the Bible and built an alter to the Lord. James was healed and he received a miracle. Ok, ok I know this is a made up story, but it made me start thinking about miracles. I had planned to pose a question on my facebook today asking if anyone had witnessed a miracle, but before I could even log on to facebook I've had two prayer requests come to my email inbox. Here they are:

#1. Please pray for my sister. She is having her baby today. They put her in last night, and are starting her labor this morning. She is having a few small complications (nothing too serious), but I just want to make sure that her and baby Katelyn are covered in prayer. This sister has a heart condition so prayer is cruical for her and the baby. (Friend of mine from church)

#2.On Saturday, July 4th, our daughter, Amy gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Addyson. Addyson arrived 3 1/2 weeks early. Amy went through thirty hours of labor and delivery pain with three attempts to stop labor altogether.
Immediately after birth, Addyson was administered cpr and rushed to NICU at Housten Hospital in Warner Robbins, Georgia. We all expected it was a result of the meds Amy had received and the premature birth. What we didn't expect was the news delivered to us within the hour.

Addyson was born with enlarged kidneys and underdeveloped lungs and was immediately placed on life support.. She was rushed to Scottish Rites Children's Hospital in Atlanta where we all are now. She has been on life support and remains at this time. Little hope was given for her survival.

The prognosis as of today is that this may be a rare genetic disorder and if they can sustain her to the point of improvement, she will need a kidney transplant.which will have to come down the road. Until that point, she would be on dialysis. Our best hope is that her kidneys will begin to function normally and her lungs will develop.

My requests - your prayers for a miracle on her behalf. (Birth mom is the daughter of a local pastor).

So come to your on conclusion, but I am praying and expecting two miracles today. Want you please pray with me on behalf of these two baby girls and their families.

God bless you as you pray.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy