Sunday, November 22, 2009

In memory of my dad, Ray J. Boiter Sr.




3 years ago today I sat by your side, holding your hand as you entered into the presence of our Lord and Saviour Jesus. I am so thankful that you were a Christian and because of that I know I will see you again in heaven. So many memories flood my mind as I look back over my life with you as my dad. You loved me so much, I don't think I realized how much. You were very strict and at the time I didn't appreciate all of the rules. Now I realize that raising a daughter is tough and you wanted to protect me just like I want to protect my little girl. You did a great job!!

Some of my best memories were of us fishing together and getting chocolate milkshakes. I really liked going outside and looking for night crawlers after a rain. Walking through the woods hunting deer tracks was fun and then when I got older and you taught me how to shoot a 38. You were an excellent listener and cared for all of my heart breaks. Our country rides and the stories we shared probably meant the most to me.

Tears fall as I recall happy times. I am happy knowing how much you loved Chris and Olivia. You and Chris were buddies from the beginning and Olivia's big brown eyes melted your heart. Chris is a sweet daddy just like you. He is so good to us and I am thankful that all of us are Christians. This earth is just part of our journey home. We will see you again.

Remembering you today and always ...

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy