Thursday, October 10, 2013

Trick or Treating with Jesus :)


It's that time of year again when I start thinking about Halloween. Yes, I think about Halloween and I get excited planning how I am going to celebrate it.  Some of you are thinking what is that bible breathing, Sunday school teacher talking about?  Well let me tell you.  Several years ago the Lord  put on my heart this ministry of prayers and scripture for Halloween.  I've blogged about it for years and this year will be no different. I want  to share with you so we can join forces to protect our children on Halloween. Do I think Halloween is evil? I think Halloween is as evil as the individual makes it. So instead of debating whether to acknowledge Halloween or not my thought is this … we all have opinions and ideas about it ( convictions if you will) follow your conviction. As for me and my house we are going to serve the Lord. We are going to light the pumpkins, turn on our porch light and welcome many sweet faces to our door.   We are taking something meant for evil ( and I am 100% sure evil will be lurking and maybe in more force than a “normal” day), but it is still a day the Lord has made. We are choosing to serve the Lord on Halloween. We are in a spiritual battle 365 days a year, but today we are choosing to help children by covering them with prayer and scripture. Today I am printing up a bible verse and a little saying about Pumpkins and Jesus.  Olivia and I will make treat bags and attach these sayings to them.  She and I will pray over the bowl of treats and for each child who receives them.  This has been a tradition at our house for many years.  I truly believe by sending children around with Jesus' name in their bag we will help protect them and make a difference in their lives on this “dark” day. Life is a choice. You can sit by and complain and argue opinions, you can choose to do nothing OR you can take a stand and make a difference. The choice is yours. 

Go be a blessing ...

John 15:12 “This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.”

Joshua 24 :15 “ And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”



 

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy