Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The surprise was on me!!!

I planned a surprise birthday party for Chris' 40th birthday at Steak and Ale. I had reservations and everything was in place. 4 days prior to the party Steak and Ale suddenly goes bankrupt ... what's a busy wife to do?? I had a cake ordered, people invited and party supplies. I began to pray and strangely enough while praying I was cleaning and came across Chris's bowling ball bag. As I moved it to vacuum the thought of having his party at the bowling ally came into my mind. We had been there a few weeks earlier to a child's party and there was a newly renovated party room. They serve pizza and chicken wings ??? huh??? I didn't have much time to ponder the idea so I just called and arranged it. He was extremely surprised to say the least, since he was expecting a nice fancy meal. All in all it was a fun night with good friends. We'll not forget it.

2 comments:

Wellspring SC said...

At least he didn't have to get dressed up!
Looks like everyone had a great time. Did he bowl a 300?

Laura said...

When life give you lemons, make lemonade....isn't that the saying???? You did just that and it looks like a great time! You'll always have a neat little story to tell about his 40th BD....it's all about the memories. Hugs, Laura

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy