Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Place 4 Health

God is so good; isn't He? I mentioned a few days ago about wanting to lose some weight and to be healthier and the Lord has heard my cry and he has answered my prayer. Our church is offering a class this fall called "First Place". It is a Christ-centered weight-loss and healthy living program. I signed up last night and will begin on Sept. 10th. As I was writing out the check to pay the fee for the class one of the people standing by me mentioned that there would be a weigh in each week ( I quickly stopped writing the check and asked if everyone would know our weight or just the leader ) she said just the leader ... so I continued writing the check. Let's face it no one really wants anyone to know their weight; even people who are the "perfect size". What's the big deal? it's only a number, right? Wrong ... it's more than a number it's a lifestyle and those of us not living a healthy lifestyle will have a number to prove it. Pray for me as I embark on this 12 week journey to change my lifestyle and to also change my family's lifestyle as well. I want us all to be healthy so that we can live out the Lord's plans for our lives.

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."Ephesians 3:20-21

Blessings ...

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy