Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blog, blah, blah ... Nope, I choose blessings :-)

Do you ever have one of those days? You can't quite figure out why you feel the way you do? It's cloudy today and I'm already moving slower than my normal fast pace. I know I haven't written a blog update in a while, but who reads this stuff anyway? Let's face it; it's therapy for me. I believe writing your thoughts down is very healthy and helpful. For one thing what I'm going through today might be something you went through last week. Maybe my words can help you or you have something to say to help me. Shouldn't that be what life is about anyway; helping others? I believe so. Right now I am really missing my daddy. He loved fall and everything outside is reminding me of him. The mornings really trigger my memories of him, especially when I sit down to this computer and read the newspaper online. I read the obituaries and it reminds me of what daddy would say everyday. He'd say; "Well I read the obituaries this morning and since I didn't see my name I ate breakfast". He was really something else. He was the last of an "old school" generation. Don't get me wrong I know he is in Heaven and he wouldn't want me being sad ( but some days I am). God(my God who holds my future, who plans everything out for me) He is so good. Years ago God gave my father a desire to plant fruit trees and so even though daddy is gone; I can still eat apples off of his tree. To me that's a gift from God. This day is a gift from God. So I am going to get up from this desk chair, go cut my mom a piece of chocolate cake I baked last night and visit with her. We choose how we are going to live and how the day will turn out. I can sit and be blah or I can take cheer to someone else; I choose cheer. I choose Jesus; the joy of my life. I can do all things through Christ who encourages me :-) Have a blessed day. Let me encourage you to do something nice for someone this week. Let me know what you do and how it changed your day. Let's spread cheer. Smile, God loves you and so do I.

Blessings aways ...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I know exactly how you feel This time of the year was my "Diddy"'s favorite too. Because of Clemson football and the holidays around the corner. I miss him terribly. I was looking at his picture on the refrigerator this morning and felt so sad yet happy because I was so lucky to have had a great father. I am lucky....both of my fathers are in Heaven together waiting for me to join them and that gives me a peace like nothing else. I was sad also because Michael left for the high school retreat this morning. I'll miss him but want the Lord to use this time to share what He has instore for his life. Keep blogging because I enjoy it and need it.

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy