Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Long weekend

What a joy to have Chris and Olivia home for a long weekend. We went out to eat with some good friends on Friday night to Lake Bowen Fish Camp. Saturday Chris somehow talked Olivia and I into going to Pauline, SC to a fundraising banquet called "Hunter's for the Hungry". It was held at Philadelphia Baptist church. We heard from a "famous" turkey call guy ( sorry I can't remember his name :-) anyway, the food was great and we had a fun time. Olivia got a free fishing pole, all the children did, and Chris bought her a t-shirt. Sunday after church we attended the funeral of Richard Long. We had been to see him in the hospital the Sunday before. He had colon cancer and fought it for many years. His wife Vicky is a precious friend to us please pray for her and their family. Colon cancer is what my dad had ... get checked.

On to more exciting news: Yesterday we took the boat up to Lake Bowen. We packed a picnic and had a fantastic time out on the water. Yes, everyone was there and it was crowded, but the Lake is huge so we had plenty of room to play. I must admit I am not always the first to jump in the boat and head to the lake, but after yesterday I'd love to live up there. We saw several homes for sale; one was a gorgeous log cabin it only cost $ 595,000 we won't be moving to the lake anytime soon :-( but at least we can enjoy it whenever we want to. Olivia and Chris played in the water while I tried to capture as much sun as possible. It was a great day off. I forgot to take the camera so no pictures. Well, I have much work to do after taking the weekend off to spend with my family. I'll post more exciting stuff soon.

Have a great day.

Blessings ...

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy