Wednesday, December 31, 2008

101 post

Well today marks my 101 post since starting my blog this summer. I have enjoyed writing and hope to continue blogging throughout 2009. As I reflect on 2008 I remember it as a year of change. Chris's father found out in January that he had cancer and was told he had 3 to 6 months to live. We were with him as the doctor's prediction came true 5 months later when he died on my dad's birthday May 28, 2008. The summer brought us some fun as we took Olivia to Disney and Sea World for the first time (it was my first time to go also :-) Olivia decided over summer break that she wanted to try public school, so ... after 4 years in Private Christian school we let her go. She has really enjoyed it and wants to go back next year. She is in a gifted class all day on Tuesdays and will be tested in January for a gifted art class ( all I can say is her stick people look way better than mine :-). I was able to finally get a new vehicle this year and have been very thankful for reliable (and updated) transportation. Chris is working hard to keep up with the demands of me and Olivia. God bless him, he is a good man. He has a boat and four wheeler and all the necessary equipment a professional hunter / fisherman needs. I am happy for him because he deserves those things. He works hard for all of us. As I reflect on this year I couldn't be more thankful for my family and friends the Lord has surrounded me with . God is good. Don't let your circumstance rule who you are ... let the Lord. Keep Jesus first in your life and seek his will. Enjoy your family and think of others.

Go be a blessing today. Happy New Year

2 comments:

Melanie said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family.

Susan said...

Thanks Melly, Happy New Year to you and your family as well. Thanks for your support of my blog. love you, Susan

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy