Monday, November 3, 2008


Don't you just love fall? I do. My mom and I can't have a conversation these days without talking about how gorgeous the leaves are. I decided to capture their beauty in one picture. I couldn't help but to take a picture of the stump in our front yard as well. It used to be a gorgeous tree, but when it started to cast a shadow on our home we had to take it down. You know sometimes God has to "take us down" and remind us that He is in control and we are nothing more than stumps without Him. It is when we truly realize that He is all we need that we begin to live. If you are going through a difficult day and wonder how you will get through it or maybe you are wondering why God is taking you down a new path ? Just remember; He is ALWAYS with you and He only wants the BEST for you. Look at the brilliant colors in all of those trees. In the summer they all blend into one green image, but for some reason during this season of the year the Lord decides to set them all apart and the true colors shine through. Maybe He is doing that for you in this season of your life. Maybe He wants the true you to shine for Him. I really do want to shine for Jesus. Forgive me Lord, for wanting to shine for myself sometimes. Help me Lord to shine for you. I love you Jesus.

I want to end with one of mine and my mom's favorite poems: Trees by Joyce Kilmer

I THINK that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy