Saturday, November 22, 2008






Sweet daddy, today you've been away from me for 2 years. Somehow it seems so much longer than that. I will always be grateful that the Lord allowed me to be with you as you left this life and entered eternal life. I am proud that I was the last person you spoke the words; "I love you" to. Oh how I loved you. It's funny I'm writing this to my dad (who won't be reading it, you are reading it). Well, let me take this opportunity to say if you don't have a good relationship with your father for whatever reason make sure you TRY to make it work. Pray for him, be kind to him, listen to all of his stories ... because if you don't you might regret it later. I have no regrets with my dad because I loved and respected him. I am no saint, but when my siblings would tell him that he'd already told that story, I'd tell him to go ahead and tell it again. I'd say I loved to hear it or I'd forgotten part of it. That's what old men like to do, tell stories; how hard is it really to listen. Oh to hear him tell another story. We are not promised tomorrow, we are not promised our next breath, be sure you make peace with those you need to make peace with. Life is to short.
The pictures today are from the cemetery where daddy is buried. He and I used to spot Hawks sitting in the tops of trees and on that trip to the cemetery I zoomed in on one and took a picture. In the next picture is Olivia playing on the playground right behind where daddy is buried. That headstone that is tall is daddy's and the one to the left of it is where his parents are buried. The last picture is of dad's foot marker. He has a beautiful headstone with his and mom's name, but I don't have a close up of it. These pictures may seem morbid to most, but they are comforting to me.
Love those near you and make peace now while you can. I don't know who is reading this and I feel a since of responsibility to say what the Lord lays on my heart. If you have trouble with someone (maybe even me) make peace today.
"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you."Ephesians 4:31-32

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy