Sunday, December 28, 2008

Is Christmas really over?




No, Christmas isn't ever over; Christmas is what we Christians carry around in our hearts all year long. Sure the gift giving will slow down and the baking will cease for awhile, but the JOY of what Christmas means will stay with us (if we let it). I choose to keep Christmas in my heart all year long. I want to start 2009 pondering Jesus. I am thankful for the opportunity to have a fresh slate and a new year. The possibilities are endless of what I can do. Will I finally lose those pounds I want to lose? Will I get bolder in my witnessing? Will I be a better wife and mother? Will I be a better friend? According to Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I am told in Proverbs 3: 5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." How can I go wrong in 2009 if I let Jesus direct my paths?? I can't go wrong with Jesus and neither can you. Lastly Romans 12:2 says "And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God." Wow, did you catch those last 3 words? will of God. He sent his Son Jesus as a babe, to live as a sinless man, to die for us sinners on the cross, to raise from the dead and join God the father in Heaven; all for me and you. And that is not all; he sent us the holy spirit as our comforter and his Holy word as our guide. We can't go wrong in 2009 if we keep pondering Jesus in our hearts and seek him first. May God be with you in the new year. If you don't have a relationship with Jesus email me. susanbneal@gmail.com

Go be a blessing ...

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy