Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My red Christmas book




Today I want to tell you about my red Christmas book. When I was in the 9th grade my favorite English teacher, Mrs. Babb, gave us an assignment to buy a book with empty pages. She wanted us to write about our Christmas experiences from birth to 9th grade. I can remember really enjoying that project and have continued to write about each Christmas since then. It was a lot of work in the beginning, but now it is one of my most prized possessions. I not only write about each Christmas and how I celebrated, but I have tucked memorable cards, pictures, church bulletins etc., in my book. So it is a scrap book of Christmas memories. When I opened it a few moments ago I was surprised to see that I had not written in it since Christmas 2005. I didn't realize that I had ever missed a year, but since daddy died in 2006 I suppose it was to difficult to write that year. I'll be sure to sit down and fill in the last two Christmas experiences so I can keep my tradition alive and going this year. Let me encourage you to start your own Christmas memory book. It's worth the time and something for you, your children and grandchildren to cherish.

Have a blessed day and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy