Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No sign

For weeks now there has been a sign with a orange flag waving telling us that on Dec. 16 a certain busy intersection will become a four way stop. Right now people on one road stop while the others fly down the other road. Well, on the way to take Olivia to school this morning I told her today was the day of the new 4 way stop; we wondered how much better the traffic would be. Well .... to my surprise there were no stop signs yet for those of us who don' t usually have to stop. We witnessed a white two door truck almost being hit because he was sitting at the stop sign that clearly says 4 way stop effective Dec. 16 (today). He assumed that because he had a sign that the people coming the opposite way also had a stop sign BUT they did not. I am so thankful he did not get hit. I came home and immediately called the county and the lady took my name and number and said they'd get right on it. I don't understand ... I told her in a very nice way that normally the signs would already be in place and covered with black bags until the effective date, but that's not the case. I pray no one gets killed in the time it takes the county to follow through with the 'effective date' of today. Ok, that's my soap box for now.

I am off to help my mom who is not doing well. On top of health issues and dizzy spells a transformer blew behind her house on Friday and she lost her TV, microwave, washing machine and it blew up her electric blanket. Right now my brother has bought her a new electric blanket and microwave and she had a spare TV (very tiny, but it works). I brought her laundry home with me yesterday and took care of that for her. Her homeowners insurance covers those items, but she has a $500 deductible ( on a fixed monthly check that seems like a ton). Pray for her as she deals with the stress of her health and the inconvenience of everyday necessities not being readily available. Also she doesn't like depending on us kids, but that's what we are here for. None the less this is a busy time and I have commitments EVERY day this week some days I have to be in 3 different place at 3 different times so ....

Have a blessed day. Be thankful, pray for those less fortunate and be safe out there.

1 comment:

Susan said...

The signs were up by 10:00 a.m. Praise the Lord no accidents.

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy