Friday, January 30, 2009

Is Thank You, enough?

I can't tell you how overwhelmed I was yesterday when I went to the mailbox to find that Chris had a check for $500 for his trip. Isn't God good? Not only do we have a blessing, but so does the gentleman who donated the money. I cried as I called Chris and gave him the good news. BUT it doesn't stop there ... when he got home from work he received an email from yet another gentleman who said he would be contributing $400. Wow, talk about the Lord knocking my socks off. We raised $1000 in two days. That only reaffirms to me that the Lord wants my Chris on that trip. To God be the glory.

How do you thank people who give you money? It was easy to type up an email and ask, but whoa ... the flood of emotions that come with the receiving ... words cannot describe. Thank you, thank you.

I would be amiss if I did not invite you to our Super Sunday service this week on Super Bowl Sunday. Our church will host Spartanburg's largest super bowl party and you are invited. It starts at 4:00 and will end at 6:15. And guess what? it's FREE!!! Go to www.SuperSunday09.com for details. If you don't have a church home and would like to visit our church for Bible fellowship or worship we'd love to have you. We meet at 8:15 and 9:30 for Bible Fellowship and worship times are 9:30 and 10:50 our family does the latter of each ( we are not early risers). Email if you'd like to come and we'll meet you there.

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21

God bless you all.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy