Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here comes my husband :-)

Well, Chris and I have started the process to get him ready to leave the country. He went to get his passport this morning. That costs $115 Wow ... do we ever need the funds. I have put up a fundraiser thermometer to measure the money as it comes in. He got his first $100 bill from my sweet mom yesterday; thanks momma. We are all excited and proud of him. God is good.

In the midst of this new adventure I am still cleaning out my house. I am looking forward to a visit from my brother Steven and his wife Linda sometime this morning. They are taking my cedar chest that I no longer want. Cleaning out feels good :-)You know down deep I am a "Little house on the prairie" girl (I have the book set, video set and DVD series :-). I like to keep life simple. We tend to have so much more than we need and my goal is to break that habit. You know if we didn't have so many "what-nots" sitting around it would be easier to dust. And if we didn't have so many clothes it would be easier to decide what to wear. Laura (Little House) had her play dress and her "Sunday best"; there were no dilemmas in what to wear with those choices. How did our country get so materialistic? I want to break away from the crowd and enjoy life more, with less.

Ok this is the soap box I'm on now. Spring cleaning has come early. I need to get to work, no time to sit around.

Y'all have a blessed day.

P.S. I will not be posting who gave or what amount like I did with my momma.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy