Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Little things mean a lot

When I wrote today's date on a thank you card I had to stop and think; "why is today's date sticking out in my mind?" immediately it came to me, 14 years ago today Chris and I had our first date. He lived alone in a cute rental house that had a back yard full of wild daffodils. He picked a bunch of those daffodils for me and rubber banded them at the top and bottom of the stems to keep them perfectly together. Can't you just see a 25 year old guy out in his back yard picking daffodils? What a guy? Chris has such a caring and thoughtful heart. We were married 15 months after our first date and moved into that cute rental house for 3 years. Now we live in a different home, but amazingly wild daffodils bloom in this yard too. Every time I see one pop up through the ground the memories of that perfect banded bunch he gave me comes to mind. It truly is the little things in life that mean the most. Never be ashamed to do a simple kindness, you never know how big of an impact it will make. No deed is to small.

Ephesians 4:32 "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

Go be a blessing ... do a good deed ... smile ... love ...

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy