Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Love is in the air ......


Don't you just love February? I do. It's the month of love. I have always been a big fan of Valentine's day. Growing up as the only girl with 3 older brothers and a daddy who loved me the most :-) (just kidding). I have to say next to my birthday, Valentine's day was the best. My dad always bought mom flowers, candy and a card; which a husband should do for his wife :-)LOL. But dad not only remembered my mom, he always bought me a box of chocolate too. He started out buying me small boxes of chocolate, but as I got older the boxes of chocolate got larger and fancier. He was the best dad. Oh, how I miss him. Fast forward 13 years and Chris is the one buying the chocolates now. In the same sweet fashion as my dad, Chris buys Olivia her own small box. It's not the 4 little pieces of chocolate that matter or even the design on the outside of the box, it's the heart of the man giving the gift. It's the Love that matters. So the next time you think that "little good deed" won't matter, think again. When we act from our heart the love will shine through no matter how "small" the action.

Jesus tells us to love one another, to love our neighbor. In this month of "LOVE"; let's try to practice what Jesus taught us.

If no one has told you today, let me be the first to say; I love you with the love of Jesus. I pray for my blogger friends daily and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy