Friday, February 20, 2009

Specific prayer needs for today

Already this morning my heart has been crying out to the Lord on behalf of 3 different families. I am a strong believer in prayer so I want to share my concerns right now with you. At 10:30 this morning a dear friend of mine is taking her 7 year old to have an ultrasound of her stomach and kidneys at Spartanburg Regional (pray for peace for Sarah). I used to be a member of Tucapau Baptist church and a lady named Joan was my Sunday school teacher. Joan's mother died this week and her funeral is today at 1:00 (be in prayer for Joan and her family). Just yesterday we received a fundraising letter from a family affected by Cystic Fibrosis. They are walking for a cure on April 18th and are trying to raise $2000. The letter was from the wife of a young man who has CF. His brother lost his battle with Cystic Fibrosis in 2007. This wife is raising money to literally help save her husbands life. We need to pray for a cure for this terrible disease. It is a life-threatening and often fatal genetic disease that affects the respiratory and digestive system of tens of thousands of children and young adults. This family will be walking to raise a cure at Riverfront Park in Columbia. If you'd like to donate to this worthy cause you can go to http://www.cff.org/ I sent our check today to support the Tysinger team. If you can't send money (since I'm good at asking for money ;-) pray. You can pray and prayer is powerful.

On a more personal note I had to take Olivia back to the doctor yesterday. She's had a fever on and off this week and a terrible cough. It turns out she has an ear infection and slighty swollen throat. She was given a new antibiotic and a pass to miss school today. While being examined the doctor noticed a mole on her back that he said needs to be removed soon (as it is getting darker). This news brought tears to her eyes as I had 3 moles removed a few months back and she recalls the shots and stitches I had. So ... please pray for peace for my Olivia.

We are told in Galatians 6:2 Bear one anothers burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. Thank you. Have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy