Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Food drive was a success; rain and all

We had a fabulous time greeting customers at Bi-Lo and asking them to donate food for our churches "Food from the heart" food drive. We were there in 3 hour shifts and let me tell you those folks didn't let the rain dampen their giving spirits. The Lord kept us from thunder storms and showered us with kind hearts as people generously gave and gave. We serve a mighty God. Praise Him for the bounty of food that was collected to help local food banks. What a joy to be apart of such a great ministry. To learn more you can go to www.foodfromtheheart.org/


I'm sure I'll type more about this experience later, but now I'm off to church. Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Vonda said...

Susan, I am so behind in checking blogs...wow I'm sure y'all were such a blessing with this food drive. How awesome is that!

Susan said...

Vonda we had a great time. It was a huge blessing for us. I was amazed at all of the food people donated and in the midst of rain. God is good.

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy