Friday, March 27, 2009

And the blue ribbon goes to ... Olivia :-)





What's the point of having a blog if you can't brag on your child? :-) My Olivia won first place in the Chemistry division of her schools Science fair. She was invited to compete in the Piedmont Region III Science Fair to be held at USC-Upstate, but turned them down. She would have had to "dress up" her project a little more, but opted to keep it the way it is and not enter. We have a commitment Saturday to collect 'Food for the Heart' and wouldn't be able to attend the Region Science fair anyway. Oh well ... she is thrilled to have won the blue ribbon. We had a lot of fun with her project. We licked Tootsie pops to see how many licks it would take to get to the middle. Our average was 147 licks to reach the middle. I did that project when I was in school and was surprised when she told me she wanted to do the same topic. Next year she'll have to see which bubble gum makes the biggest bubble (that is if she wants to keep following in my foot steps). Somehow I always used candy as part of my Science fair projects. I need to find out what kind of projects Chris did in school. I know he raised a cow for the 4-H club, but I'm not sure about his Science fair projects. Congratulations Olivia !! We are very proud of you and your hard work.

Colossians 3:23 says: "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not to men;"

So work hard for the Lord and he will bless you. I know it's going to be a messy/rainy weekend, but if you are out and about grocery shopping and you see someone handing out red bags and a shopping list; please take it and help us collect food for the local food banks. We will be at the Bi-Lo on Reidville Road from noon to 3:00 so stop by and fill a bag with food. Many other grocery chains in our area are letting our church members stand at their doors to collect food. It's a win for the store and for the hungry people the food will be helping. Go be a blessing.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy