Friday, March 13, 2009

Mistakes

Have you ever stripped paint? I don't recommend it. I enjoy painting very much, but due to a crazy idea I had yesterday, I had to strip some paint off of an old desk this morning. What a smelly job. I don't mind the smell of paint (with a little vanilla flavoring added to take off the edge :-) but paint stripper smells terrible. I had 4 windows and 3 ceiling fans going this morning just so I could breathe through the process. My eyes are still watering and my head is still hurting. I'm ok, but I have learned my lesson. NO more bright ideas. Basically I have this really neat, old brown wooden desk. I thought I'd paint the top of it pink. Why you ask? Because I found a can of pink paint and thought it would look nice, not !!!! It was one of those moments where my brain took a mini vacation. Anyway, after I realized I had make a mistake a friend told me to buy some strip ease to take the paint off. What a journey I've been on today. None the less, I am exhausted and I'm still not back to where I need to be. That moment of bad judgment cost me $5.48 in paint stripper and now I've got to get a sander and sand the top of the desk then buy a wood stain to put back on it. How crazy?????? Ok you are probably wondering why you read what I write at this point. Well, I tell you all of that because that what's going on with me today. To put it in Biblical terms the story is simple; when you act without thinking you have to pay the consequences. Sometimes it costs from your wallet, other times you pay the price with your time and your energy. That is why is it so IMPORTANT to think BEFORE we act. We could save ourselves and our family a lot of money and grief.


Verse for the day:

"Without consultation, plans are frustrated, but with many counselors they succeed. A man has joy in an apt answer, and how delightful is a timely word!"Proverbs 15:22-23

PS pray for baby Charlotte whose picture is at the top. She had surgery this week.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy