Thursday, March 12, 2009

Plan B

Well, I hate to admit defeat, but I did not find one thing I could use at the consignment sale yesterday. The place was loaded with stuff, but nothing I was looking for. My bubble burst and so I am back to square one again. When I am back to square one and ready to finish a project I move on to plan B which is Wal-mart or Lowe's. I can definitely find what I need in those two places. This experience reminds me of another place I can go to find what I need; the Bible. Sometimes when we have changes going on or trouble comes our way and we need answers, what do we do? We ask friends or family or we may even say a little prayer ( but we don't wait for the answer) we just have to move on to our plan B. All we need to do is go to God's word. It is filled with all of the answers and encouragement and help we need. Why is it that we make things in this life so much harder than we have to? I don't think that is what the Lord intended. Chris and I have been in a small group Bible study on Wednesday nights and we are learning how important it is to meet together with other believers. The class is about being who Christ created us to be and to reach our full potential for Him. I have found the best place to start is in His Holy word. Here are two verses for today that touch my heart. Blessings to you.

Verses for today:

"Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
Colossians 3:16

"That their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself."
Colossians 2:2

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy