Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Monday, Monday ... wait it's Tuesday

Oh how difficult it is for me not to get back in bed. If it were not for the fact that my sweet Chris is out working hard and my little Livie is in school; I'd go back to bed. We had an absolutely fantastic beach trip!!! The Lord let us have perfect weather, with great temperatures on the sand and in the water. I am so thankful for a great anniversary get-a-way. The ONLY bad part is arriving home later than planned and not having another day to recuperate before jumping back into the busy swing of life. Already today I've gotten my family off to work and school, stopped by Lisa's to pick up Cassie (our guinea pig). Thanks to Lisa, Summer and Noah for taking such good care of her while we were away. The washing machine and dryer are going, as the dishwasher waits to be emptied. I have a partial grocery list started and need to eat breakfast and get to the store. Oh, but yesterday I got up when I wanted ... hopped on a golf cart and rode to Omega Pancake house and someone brought breakfast to me :-) Snap out of it Susan, the vacation is over.

So on the way home from the beach we called our friends the Lockart's who live in Lexington and decided to stop by to see their new son. He's two weeks old and gorgeous. We were only going to stay a few minutes, but we haven't seen them in so long and it was hard to pull away. Olivia played with Zoe and Alecia while we caught up with Tommy and Katrina and met John Thomas. We ended up leaving their house after 8:00 and arrived home at 9:45. So here I am thanking the Lord for all of the fun and asking for strength for me and my crew as we get back into our routine of daily living.

I hope your Memorial day weekend was a fun one. I'll post pictures later as time permits. Have a great week.

Be a blessing.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy