Sunday, June 21, 2009

Face book ????

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to join face book but didn't. Well, after talking to my sister-in-law at supper on Saturday I decided I'd give Face book a try. So far I really don't understand how it works, but I am figuring it out. Blogging is more my style because I understand it and know my way around, however, I am open to check out this face book for a while to see what it's all about. The last time I tried it I deactivated my account in one day, maybe it will be different this time. We'll see. One thing is for sure I love to blog :-)

I went to the cemetery this afternoon to chit chat with my dad. I know his spirit is in heaven, but for now his physical body is buried in that cemetery and so I like to go there to talk. It was hot, but a really nice breeze was blowing while I was there. I tried to tell dad about the things going on right now, but tears were all I had. I miss him so much (and Chris's dad). I told him that I was to young not to have him here with me. I never dreamed he or Frank would be gone so soon. I miss their stories, their smells ... I miss the sound of daddy's loud muffler when he pulled into my driveway. I miss seeing him sitting in the swing when I pull up to mom's. I miss him taking me out back to show me his garden. I miss hearing him brag on mom's cooking. I miss seeing him and Chris out fishing. I miss him asking Olivia where she got her brown eyes. Good and bad I miss every bit of it. My dad wasn't perfect, he had his faults like all of us, but praise God he was a sinner saved by grace and he is in Heaven right now. I am so glad I'll see him again.

"He will swallow up death for all time, and the Lord God will wipe tears away from all faces..."Isaiah 25:8

The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful Christian husband. I am so thankful for Chris and for the sweet daddy he is to Olivia. God knew what I needed when he sent me Chris. Happy Father's day to my little girls daddy :-)

Go be a blessing ... on face book or where ever :-)

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy