Monday, June 15, 2009

Vacation Bible School Week

Good afternoon dear readers. What a morning I have had. Our church is having Vacation Bible school this week ( 9 to noon). In the past I have helped with crafts, but since that confines you to one room I decided I wanted to try something new this year. I signed up to deliver snacks. It was an adventure running back and forth between the kitchen and the classrooms. I delivered to the toddlers, 2 year old, 3 year old, 4 year old and 5 year old classes. I like to keep on the move and this was right up my ally. Most of the people I worked with were senior citizens so at first they all looked at me a little funny, but once they realized I was their "runner" they seemed to like me more :-) Not that they didn't like me to start with, but I was the youngest in the bunch. They already had many snack bags divided up and ready to go. It was a big team effort. I poured lemonade, pushed carts, washed carts and even cleaned tables. It was a fun and busy morning. Olivia had a good time and we'll go back tomorrow to do it all over again.

As we were leaving Chris stopped by the church to pick up a friend he was meeting to discuss Thailand work. It was nice to get to see him for a few minutes. Olivia and I ran to Ingles for groceries (Monday is grocery day no matter what! ) then stopped by McDonald's for a salad.

If you live in Spartanburg and want to bring your children to hear about Jesus. Join us Tuesday through Thursday from 9 to noon. www.firstnorth.org

"When Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, 'Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.' And He took them in His arms and began blessing them, laying His hands on them."
Mark 10:14-16

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy