Friday, June 12, 2009

Step ladders and painting

I haven't blogged for the past couple of days due to painting Olivia's bedroom. This is the 5th and final time that I am going to paint that child's room :-) It was a Pepto pink, but we decided to lightened it up. The new color is called "Water fountain" and is white with a hint of blue. It took two gallons of paint and lots of layers to cover. I have been on a step ladder stretching and reaching corners for 3 days. When I woke up this morning my right knee had terrible pain and when I walked I thought it would buckle under me. I went to lay back down, but that felt worse so I got up and iced it and wrapped it. The ice didn't help, but the wrap feels great. My knee feels "good" extended, but it hurts to bend??? Chris said it was probably due to me being on that little step ladder. As petite as I am I should have used a real ladder, but my step ladder was convenient so now I am paying the price for my bad judgement. How many times do we pay the price for bad judgement??? The Bible says in Proverbs 15:22-23 (New American Standard Bible)

"Without consultation, plans are frustrated,
But with many counselors they succeed.
A man has joy in an apt answer,
And how delightful is a timely word!"

You know what that tells me? It says share you troubles/concerns with your Christian friends/Bible fellowship teacher or pastor. Don't rush in with a step ladder and settle for the quick fix (it will only cause you pain in the end). Take time to talk to others and heed their counsel then make Biblical choices. You won't go wrong.


Have a fun and safe weekend. Go be a blessing.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy