Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumn and change

Well, yesterday kicked off the first day of fall. What a wonderful time of year. I can't help but thank the Lord for giving us different seasons. I see each one as a special gift from Him. Autumn is one of my favorite times of year. I enjoy the cooler temperatures and watching the trees in our yard as they change from green to orange to red ... Only a God like Him could do such wonderful painting. He puts it out there for ALL of us to enjoy. You could be rich or poor; young or old ... it doesn't matter, it is God's free gift to us. I can't help but marvel at his creation and think how blessed I am to be a child of the King. He loves me, just as I am ... sinner Susan. He lets me enjoy this world and all that he has created.

Just yesterday Chris and I received the results from some blood work we had done for a life insurance policy. I found out my Triglycerides were very high, 238 (the normal range is 10-190). My actual cholesterol was 228 ( the normal range is 120-240) so that wasn't high, but not far off. Seeing those numbers really got me to thinking about my life and how I live it. I consider myself to be an active person as Olivia and I play tennis and we walk often. I eat fruits every day and love my veggies. BUT I suppose the chocolate, chips, and fatty meats may be the contributing factors to my higher levels. I had many people on face book share with me different diets, exercises and even to take fish oil. So ... I will see what works for me. I will be 40 this December and would love to lose 20 pounds by then. I guess this is my motivation to eat better, get more active and lose the weight. Time for change.

This morning Olivia and I went to my grandmothers apartment to go through clothes and other odds and ends to help my mom empty it out. Grandmother has been placed in the nursing home and will not be back to her apartment. It's really sad going through her belongings, but I am thankful to do it with her still alive. I took one of her favorite dolls to her Monday night and she just hugged on it. She is doing well at the nursing home and getting lots of visitors ( which I am thankful for). What a season of change for her life and for us.

Change isn't always easy, but is necessary. We can't expect to make a difference in this world if we don't make changes. What can you do today? Go be a blessing...


Happy Fall Y'all :-)

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy