Thursday, March 11, 2010

Called out ...

I just finished typing what I thought would be today's post, but with the hit of a wrong key and the blink of an eye my post was gone (no auto-draft, no save, no nothing). So I had to sit up and take notice of what the Lord wanted to say to me. First of all I was so excited about something I wanted to share with you that I decided to type it first then get my Bible to see what scripture would go with it. UH, that's not the way it works!!! It's God first, then me :) How many times do I try to do things on my own, only to go to God to fix it? Well, this morning He has called me out on that. So I stopped blogging and read my devotion and prayed. The Lord has lead me to the following verses from Galatians 5:16-26 'Walking in the Spirit'. So this is straight from the Lord.

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another."

Hello, did you see the part about "selfish ambitions"?? yes, that would be me this morning. I know most people probably don't enjoy reading scripture that calls you out on your sin, but that's to bad. We are all sinners and thanks be to God we can be saved by Jesus grace. He stands at the door of your heart knocking and waiting for you to invite Him in. Only He can cleanse you from all the above sins and give you forgiveness and peace. Do you know Him today? He won't turn you away, no matter what you've done.

God bless you and the reading of His word.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy