Monday, March 8, 2010



As I walked around my yard and took these pictures I was amazed at how such a delicate flower could break through the cold, hard ground. Realistically it doesn't seem possible. I mean if I were to go back outside right now and try to push a stick in the ground I would have a difficult time. Tell me then, how it is that a flower stem that is not as sturdy as a stick,can push through that ground and not even damage the delicate frame of the flower? It's simple really; that's what the Lord created it to do. It's a God thing. He brings those daffodil's through the dirt and then makes a way for them to pop up perfectly. Each yellow flower proceeds to bloom in all it's glory in spite of the hard ground or surrounding thorns. The Lord has a purpose for daffodils and in their fragile and seemingly weak state they are able to overcome the odds around them and burst through the ground. It reminds me of a saying that I hear often these days; If God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it. Why do we worry or concern ourselves with anything? If our great Lord is making a way for the daffodil, don't we know he'll make a way for us?

Luke 12:26-28 says

"If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?
"Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
"But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you? You men of little faith!

Oh to be of little faith... I pray that the Lord will be with you today in all that you are going through. Have faith ... if He has a plan and a purpose for the daffodil, oh what a plan and purpose He must have for you.

Go be a blessing ...

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy