Monday, March 1, 2010

It's a new day

I have noticed over the past few weeks that my quiet time has changed. Instead of just reading scripture then reading from my devotion book; I am now singing to the Lord. Yes, right there at my kitchen table with no music, no words, no pre-planning ... a song will come to mind and I will sing praise to the Lord. It is really a cool and awesome spontaneous happening. This morning after reading from my Charles Stanley "In Touch" www.intouch.org devotion booklet I flipped back a page and was reading an article they had written about Paul Baloche (he is a influential worship music writer). He said that he tells those that he teaches song writing, "think of it as singing your prayers and you'll end up with songs that are more honest, more inspired." One of his songs "Open the eyes of my heart Lord" started out as a prayer that he used to sing. I know that song and after reading his story I just started singing it to the Lord. The words go like this: "Open the eyes of my heart Lord, open the eyes of my heart. I want to see you, I want to see you." I thought how true!! I do want to "see" the Lord. I do want to know Him more. I do want to praise Him. I do want to serve Him. So I just closed my eyes at the table and sang praise to the Lord. Then He tugged at my heart to come share it with you. My Bible reading today came from Romans 3:23 -24 you can go to the link above and read it if you'd like. The main idea of it is this, we ALL have sinned, but Jesus came to save us (the sinners that we are). If you have not ever prayed to ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and to be your Lord, what are you waiting on? He loves you, just as you are. Do you forget that He created you? He wants a relationship with you. He stands at the door and knocks and is ready to come in ... YOU have to invite Him. He didn't suffer a terrible, painful death on the cross for nothing; He did it for YOU and Me. Praise God for his free gift of Salvation. If you'd like to pray to ask Jesus into your heart it is very easy. You could pray this simple prayer:

Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I believe that you died on the cross in my place, paying the sin-debt I owed, and then you rose from the dead. I receive you Jesus as my personal Savior and surrender control of my life to you. Please show me how to live for you and walk with you. Thank you Lord for your loving grace and salvation. Amen.

If you prayed that prayer I'd like to know, welcome to the family :-) what an awesome day!! Email me at susanbneal@gmail.com so I can celebrate with you and share in knowing that you are a child of the king and we'll live forever.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy