Friday, April 9, 2010

catching up

Hello friends it has been awhile. I have to admit since I am home schooling and on face book my blogging time has been cut. I do have two readers that I know of :) so I will write for you both :) since you mentioned missing my blog. Thanks Diane and Karen, love you both :)

Things are super busy around our house as we are in the midst of major repairs. Our home is 20 years old and is in need of new siding, wood repair, windows and a new deck. For the past few weekends we have dug up all of the shrubs around our home. Chris is in the midst of tearing off the deck now. Our goal is to have a clean work area for the men who will do the siding & windows (hopefully next week :) Once they are finished we will build a new deck and plant new shrubs or some type of landscaping. On the inside I have been busy de-cluttering all of the cabinets and closets. Miracle Hill came by and picked up a ton of stuff last week and just today I took a load to my mom's for my nephew to use in his house. Yes, Justin has moved out and into his own home !!! I am very proud of him. It's a tiny place, but he is very happy and I am happy for him. He and Joey and Jeff painted a couple of rooms last week and he's started moving in. Can't believe he's grown up!!

Kayla is a senior and is doing great in school. She is an excellent artist and will have all of her works on display at Landrum Public Library for an Art exhibit April 19th. There will be a reception and all !! So proud of her. Jake is as handsome as ever and he too is doing well. They both have prom this weekend maybe I can post pictures. Sweet kids. Speaking of April 19th that is my baby girls 11th birthday. She is taller than me and so beautiful. I just love homeschooling her. She's a joy and I thank the Lord for her daily. Me and my Livie have a grand time learning and going through life together.

We finally found Daisy, our crazy dog, a new home. My fabulous brother Steven and his precious wife Linda (Jake and Kayla's parents) decided they would take her in. They already have Daisy's sister so now she's with family :) They say she's doing well. I am so glad. We love Daisy, but she had a tendency to bite Olivia's friends and well we can't have that.

Grandma Quinn is doing well in the nursing home. She actually told mom last week she had the best day!! So glad she has adjusted and is doing well. Mom is good. All of us keep her busy and shower her with love. She's the best mom.

Chris is going to be in an all day fishing tournament tomorrow and is excited about that. Olivia and I will just enjoy sleeping in and running errands. We have some exciting days ahead, can't really talk about it right now, but if you'll pray for our unspoken requests I'll fill you in on the details later. God bless and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy