Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Red Christmas book :)

I want to share with you my red Christmas book. When I was in the 9th grade my favorite English teacher, Mrs. Babb, gave us an assignment to buy a book with empty pages. She wanted us to write about our Christmas experiences from birth to 9th grade. Being the writer that I am I remember being thrilled with that assignment. I have continued to write about each Christmas since then. It was a lot of work in the beginning, but now it is one of my most prized possessions. I not only write about each Christmas and how I celebrated, but I have tucked memorable cards, pictures, church bulletins etc., in my book. So it is a scrap book of Christmas memories. It is not only a joy to write in, but also a joy to read and reflect. Let me encourage you during this very busy season to stop and reflect. We are told from God's word that Mary the mother of Jesus, "pondered these things in her heart". Stop and think about why we celebrate Christmas. What does it mean to you? Write it down. Share the love of Jesus; after all He is reason for the season.

Merry Christmas :)

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy