Sunday, August 11, 2013

Changes are a coming ...

Do you ever wish things were different? Take today for instance ... I had a great time teaching, singing and worshipping at church.  I had a blast making a watermelon bassinet with Olivia ( we made it for a friends baby shower).  We went to the shower and had a great time meeting new friends and enjoying the company of old friends.  Afterward we  had a restful afternoon at home.  Chris and Olivia decided to go out on our lake fishing and I just came in from walking the dog.  All is well, yet I'm sitting here in tears wishing some things were different. Why is that?  Tonight is the last "free" Sunday night before school starts.  I've been praying for Olivia for weeks, but now the time is coming that my daughter will start high school.  Wow, I guess going to a baby shower really made me realize how much time has flown.  That coupled with the fact that several of my best friends are school teachers and they will go back to work tomorrow.  Even though I've not seen those teacher friends as much as I would have liked over the summer, knowing that they were home and available to chat has been nice.  Now all of a sudden I feel like I'm getting ready to be alone :(   I am so thankful for my teacher friends and would not trade them for the world. However, at this season in my life I feel led to pray that the Lord will lead me to a new friend.  Someone similar to me, someone I can talk to and be there for. I'm always going to be there for my best friends, but my heart has room for more.   I've been praying for Olivia as she will start a brand new school next week.  Now I'd like to ask you to join me in praying for her to meet some sweet new friends. Friendships are so important and such a valuable part of our lives.  Right now she doesn't know anyone who will be attending her new school so this is going to be a big change for her.  So on this eve of the last week of summer break, I want to ask you to join me in praying for the changes to come. Change can be good and for the best, but also unnerving. Thanks for standing with me in prayer. 

Go be a blessing . . .

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy