Friday, November 22, 2013

In memory of dad ...

Seven years ago today I stood in an ICU room holding my dads hand as he entered into the presence of our Lord and Saviour Jesus. I am so thankful that he was a Christian and because of that I know I will see him again in heaven. So many memories flood my mind as I look back over my life with my dad. He loved me so much; I don't think I realized how much. He was very strict and at the time I didn't appreciate all of the rules. Now I realize that raising a daughter is tough and he wanted to protect me just like I want to protect my daughter. He did a great job!!

Some of my best memories were of us fishing together and drinking chocolate milkshakes. We loved to eat at the Beacon and Joe's Lake and many other dives. As a little girl I can remember going outside after a big rain and holding the flashlight while daddy picked up night crawlers.  We'd walk through the woods hunting deer tracks and then when I got older he taught me how to shoot a 38. Our country rides and the stories we shared probably meant the most to me.  He was an excellent listener and cared about ALL of my heart breaks. When I found true love he walked me down the aisle on my wedding day in spite of having a kidney stone attack.  He was in pain yet fulfilling his fatherly role of giving me away. He was my biggest cheerleader. He was not only my father, but my friend.   Memories that I will always cherish.

I've traded in my tears for smiles of great memories. I am happy knowing how much he loved my mom and our family.  He loved Chris and Olivia. Dad and Chris were buddies from the beginning and Olivia's big brown eyes melted his heart. Chris is a sweet dad to Olivia just like my dad was to me. He is so good to us and I am thankful that all of us are Christians. This earth is just part of our journey home. We will all meet up in Heaven one day.

Remembering my dad, Ray J. Boiter, Sr., today and always ...





Forget Skinny, Find Healthy