Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Where is skinny Susan?

All of my life I was skinny.  In high school, I was asked if I ever ate? Goodness, I ate.  My dad and I would go to the Beacon Restaurant and I could eat a hash-a-plenty and then split a banana split with him. I ate, but my metabolism must have been 'out the roof' because none of the food caused weight gain.   I weighed a whopping 98 pounds when I graduated high school.  I weighed in at 104 when I got married.   Right after delivering a beautiful, healthy 7 pound 1-ounce baby girl, I weighed 117 pounds.  All of this took place prior to my 29th birthday.  Then my 30's came and my weight began to creep up just a little.  Toward the end of my 30's I encountered some anxiety and panic episodes, so I started taking Lexapro.   Lexapro was a lifesaver in helping me maintain the mental balance that I needed, BUT it also helped me gain a TON of weight.  I don't regret taking it, but I wish I could have kept a better handle on my weight.

I sit here now, in my late 40's wondering where Skinny Susan is? I weigh the most I've ever weighed in my life.  I am tired of being tired and I want to make a change.  I have tried diets and failed. I've drunk the shakes and counted calories without success.  I know me; diets don't work.  I want to find a balance of moderation in the foods I eat and daily exercise.  I need to make a lifestyle change that I can grow old with, not a fad diet that I will just quit.

Pray that I will find what works for me. Pray that I will be consistent.  I'm going to research and pray and ask the Lord to guide me on this new journey.  I am an active person and keep busy. I am teaching in the 3 years olds at church with Mrs. Julie and she runs circles around me. I have to step up my game to keep up with her and those precious kids. I pray that I can make a few lifestyle changes that will put me in better health, give me more energy and allow me to fit back into a size 6 !!!  If you are struggling with weight issues and have any tips or would like an accountability partner just message me and maybe we can help each other.  Life is a journey and we are not on it alone.

Go be a blessing . . . 

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy