Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Buck in my back seat

While over visiting with mom today she commented on how she'd like to take down the 9 point buck daddy killed (which is hanging in her living room :-). She thought it would be too heavy, but I assured her I could remove it carefully. I took it down with no problem (it's hard to believe it weighed 200lbs when alive). Anyway, mom gave it to me ( yes I did want it). As I carried it out of the house I began to cry ... I told mom how I remembered dad being so proud when he carried it in the house and I never dreamed I'd be so proud carrying it out of the house. I have to say ... it was one of those moments. You should have seen my mother buckle that buck in the back seat of my minivan ( and she told me to make sure I didn't break any of the horns off). I suppose you are thinking "redneck" about right now ... I don't even mind if you are; I am who I am; Ray Boiter's daughter. I know heaven is home for Him, but I miss him so much. Momma misses him really bad too. When you pray today, pray for my momma ... her heart misses him and physically she isn't well. She has terrible stomach issues and will see a doctor on Tuesday. God hears and answers prayers and I appreciate all the prayers I can get for her. Thanks for reading.

Blessings ...







2 comments:

Laura said...

I am sooo glad you have created a Blog. I've enjoyed looking at what you've added so far.

I love this story that reminds you of your dad. Those are the type of wonderful memories you are supposed to smile about. I love it!

I will pray for you and your mom. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a parent.

Again, I am excited about your blog.

Take care and big hugs,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Thanks Laura, I appreciate your prayers. I love your blog ... you have inspired me to create my own. My Olivia enjoyed seeing the Jonas brothers pictures :-) Y'all were so lucky to get to see them. I bet Ally was thrilled. Again, thank you.

Susan

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy