Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The end of the mole

Did I type mole? I meant month. Actually I meant mole. In less than two hours I will be in my doctors office having an unusual looking growth removed from the side of my face. My dad noticed it two years ago and told me I should have it checked out. After daddy died I asked Dr. J to look at it. His explanation was that an oil gland that runs along my jaw line got clogged and formed a "butter bean" type growth next to my ear. Needless to say Chris has kidded with me about my "butter bean" ever since. We had no indications of cancer or anything serious so I haven't been in a hurry to have it removed. However, now it feels like it is changing so it will be cut out today. Dr. J said I'll probably have 4 stitches. While under the knife I am also going to have, what dad called my "beauty mark" removed. I never thought of it as a beauty mark, to me it was an ugly mole. I would have had it taken off years ago, but dad didn't want me to and I respected his wishes. You know dad is in Heaven now (it's OK to smile, I am ) so today is the end of the mole. I loved my dad, he was my BIGGEST cheerleader. If I were having a bad day or if someone hurt my feelings or if work was going terrible; he would cheer me on and make me feel better about myself. He always encouraged me and told me he loved me. He looked at my ugly mole and saw something that made me his daughter. I miss having that; I miss having him. If you get anything out of this today remember to look past the moles. We all have flaws, external and internal. Find the beauty in everyone; you know it's there because God doesn't make junk. Say a prayer for my doctor around 11:30 Let's pray that he feels good and is having an accurate day :-) LOL

Blessings...

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy