Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Exciting days ...





I have to start off by bragging on my sweet Olivia. The Horizons gifted teacher called me last night and asked if Olivia could join her class? I met with her this morning and after reviewing the details I signed her up. She is a bright little girl who got her smarts from her dad :-) I made good grades in school, but I worked very hard for them. Everything seems to come easy to her and her dad. I think her creative side is going to enjoy the set up of this Horizons class; which meets every Tuesday from 9 to 2:00. Today will be her first day and she and the other students will be making a musical instrument. I had the privilege of meeting the gentleman who will be teaching them. This class is going to be very different from the classroom instruction and I can't wait to hear all about her new adventures.
Now let me brag on my Chris :-) He killed his first buck this weekend (pictured above). It wasn't the monster buck he wanted, but it put him on the board and got him in the game. I am very proud of him. He enjoys hunting and being in the woods; it's a nice break from his chaotic work days.
I am just happy to have found a cute dress to wear to my 20th High School reunion this Saturday. I can't believe I have been out of high school that long, but ...I have. Time really does fly. I am looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up on their lives. Isn't it amazing how you can go for 20 years without seeing someone and yet pick up where you left off? I think that is a gift from God. We are all bound together as brothers and sisters in Christ and that bond will forever link us.
"So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household."Ephesians 2:19
Praise the Lord for he is good, his love endures forever.
Blessings~

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy