Friday, October 17, 2008

Queen Susan



Ok, ok, there was no Mrs. Chestnut Lake contest, but there was an act of kindness bestowed on me by two very kind people. Where do I begin?? My cousin Diane is co-owners of Bella Capelli Salon with a guy named Steven. He happens to be the Miss South Carolina United States--State Director and works with Pageants. For months I've joked with him about getting a crown for me. I'll be honest; when I was a little girl I watched the pageants on TV and always dreamed of winning a crown. I didn't realize then that you needed to be 5'5 and have a body that...well you know the rest :-) So ... back to my story. Yesterday I went to the salon to get my hair cut and colored. While looking into the mirror to discuss my color with my cousin, Steven pops around the corner and presents me with a crown, sash and flowers. Now, how cool is that? Diane of course was in on this and they really surprised me. I live in Chestnut Lake Subdivision so Diane came up with that title for my sash. I guess when there is no pageant and you are the ONLY contestant then you win the CROWN. I haven't let it go to my head or anything, but if you ring my doorbell right now you'll find me wearing it :-) Needless to say it was a fun moment. The best part was having Olivia with me so she could join in the fun. She thought it was so cool and wanted to know where her crown was, uh oh ... I told her she was smart and pretty enough to win her own. As tall and beautiful as she is I'm sure she will one day. So there is absolutely nothing for you to gain from this story except to maybe smile. I hope that the things I do on this earth will earn me a crown in Heaven one day. For now I will enjoy this crown. Never give up on your dreams. You might be blessed like I was and have some "angels" make them come true. Thanks again Diane and Steven.

P. S. I really do want World Peace :-)

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a great story....
You definitely made me smile!
I hope you all have a wonderful and Blessed weekend!!

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy