Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Deer damage






I am a little sick tonight.... We were on Highway 9 in Boiling Springs heading toward home when a huge deer ran out in front of us and did the above damage to my new vehicle. Praise the Lord none of us were hurt. I don't know how the buck fared. Chris got Olivia and me home safely and then he and his brother went back with flashlights to see if they could locate the buck. I am sure it was an 8 to 10 pointer. I saw it coming right for us and thank the Lord it didn't come through our windshield. The entire ordeal has shook up Olivia so much that she said she'll never get in a car again. I said those same words when I was in my first accident, but of course I was back in the car the very next day. It was one of those unexpected moments that makes you count your blessings. I'm thankful it wasn't worse than it was because that road had a lot of traffic on it. Oh well ... I am exhausted from a day of cleaning, mopping, baking and running errands. We will eat Thanksgiving with my mom and family at noon tomorrow then all of Chris' family will come here for Thanksgiving dinner at 6:30. I am looking forward to having everyone over. This is our first Thanksgiving without Chris' dad. He died back in May. Please pray for all of us as we go through this first big meal without Frank. His dad loved to eat and to cook. Every Thanksgiving he and Chris's brother would deep fry turkeys. I know it is going to be hard on those boys to cook without Frank being with them. Frank is feasting at the table with my dad and our Lord in Heaven :-) One day we'll all be together again. Tonight I feel blessed to be married to such a wonderful man and to have such a precious daughter. I am blessed by a caring family and true friends. The Lord is good.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all ... count your blessings.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy