Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy ending or sad ending?

After my class at church last night I went to the SCA book fair. I found a really cute book titled; "Milo and the Magical Stones" by Marcus Pfister. This book has a cute mouse on the cover who is the main character. My friend Renee was with me and highly recommended the book. She said someone read it at her school this week and that the story has two endings. You can choose to read the Happy ending or the Sad ending. I took her at her word and bought the book for my daughter. We didn't have time to read it last night, so I thought I would read it this morning. I read the Happy ending first then the sad. It is a thought provoking story that I enjoyed. As a matter of fact it has prompted me to blog about endings. You know in life we have a choice in what kind of ending we are going to have, happy or sad. If we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour we are going to have a VERY Happy ending, but if we don't choose him we will have a VERY Sad ending. Life is really, very simple. No matter what trial or heartache or fantastic joy you are going through, you are just going through it. THIS is not all there is. We are just passing through on a journey to home (Heaven). The day I realized that this earth was not my home was like a breakthrough for me. I had just lost a dear friend, Dan Queen, to cancer and I was very sad and really seeking the Lord for answers/ guidance then out of no where my father died two months later of cancer. That was when the Lord clearly and gently reminded me that this earth is not my home. I was sitting here at this computer typing in a journal (didn't blog at the time) and it hit me like a ton of bricks (I'm going to live forever and I haven't gotten home yet) What joy filled my soul. When I die in this body I will begin to live, Y'all it's a WIN / WIN situation. God is taking care of us. Do you see it? If you don't, you can, if you'll choose Jesus. Choose Jesus :-) Decide on the Happy ending. He tells us in His precious word in Revelation 3:20

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in ...." Invite Jesus in today.

Love you.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy