Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day Program

I just got home from a Veterans Day program at my daughters school. This is the first production I've seen at her new school and it was very good. The 5th graders sang a medley of songs with costumes and dance. One thing that was so special to me was seeing the variety of nationalities represented. Several children who went to microphone to say their part of American history said it in the sweetest foreign accent. I believe children from Russia, India, Mexico, Japan, China and of course America were all represented. As they went through their parts I got a little teary eyed as I looked into all of their faces and wondered what America means to them. What does that history they were talking about mean to them? or to their parents? We do live in an amazing country. There are MANY bad things in the world we could talk about, but seeing those precious faces reminded me that there are WAY MORE good things to talk about. Look for the good. Pray for the bad. At the end of the program the kids sang, God Bless America. It was beautiful. Considering this is my daughters first year in public school it meant allot to me to hear it. As I sat in the auditorium; I prayed for all of the students and for their school. There is prayer in school ( and the right person hears it :-)


Pray for America.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy