Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Web log

Have you ever wondered where the word Blog comes from? It actually comes from two words web log thus weB LOG. I never knew that and since I have a blog I thought I'd see how it all started. It's nice to find out how things begin. I always find proposal / marriage stories interesting. Let me share our story. I began visiting First Baptist North Spartanburg ( a large church for those of you who don't know) with a guy that I was dating at the time. Our relationship only lasted 2 months. I was a member of a smaller church and even though I had been there all my life I really liked First North and knew I wanted to keep going there even after he and I broke off our relationship. Ok fast forward to the singles dept where 45 to 55 people met each week. We'd go out to eat in large groups and participated in many activities together. On one such occasion Chris and I got to talk. He asked for my number and called me a couple of days later. We continued to talk every day and only dated each other until he proposed to me on Thanksgiving Day 1995. He took me to Pretty Place ( an outdoor chapel over looking the mountains) and gave me a large sweater box. When I opened it, I was surprised to see it filled with newspapers. I could not find a gift and wondered what was going on. Well, my eye then moved to the lid of box where a small box was securely taped. I proceeded to open that box to find the most beautiful engagement ring you'll ever see. Chris got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I immediately said yes, but then quickly said; "Did you ask my dad?" He and my dad were very close hunting and fishing buddies and I just had to know. He said that my dad knew all about it and had given his blessing. My mom on the other hand did not know until we got home to eat Thanksgiving dinner and tell her the good news. It was a special day. We had planned to get married at Pretty Place (we reserved it for June of 1996), but due to the health of both of our grandparents we moved our wedding to the church we had met in. Of course no marriage is perfect, but with Christ as the Lord of your home, you can't go wrong. Chris is a wonderful husband, provider and put up with my junk man :-)

What's your story?

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy