Friday, January 23, 2009

God's perspective

"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10


My Livie went to school this morning for the first time this week. Please say a prayer for her to feel good and to enjoy her day. She has had a difficult week in regards to her health. Thank you.

On another subject while you are praying please pray for me as I am seeking the Lords will on several issues right now. I don't really want to get into them ... just pray.

As I drove in from taking Olivia to school I noticed a few more shingles had blown up on the front of our house. I'm ok with the ones on the back of the house, but now that the whole world can see that we really need a new roof (it's a little embarrassing). Our Insurance company gave us some money for wind damage but unfortunately it's only enough to cover half of the roofers fees, so .... we are saving and waiting. We also have rotten wood in several places and need it replaced along with siding and new windows. The estimated cost of all of this is $18,000.00 whew ... ! You are probably saying "why are you sharing something so personal with us?" Well ... I was having a mini pity party about our finances this morning until I read my devotion and Bible. Did you know the Lord told me; I am rich? Yes, it tells us in 2 Cor. 8:9 that Jesus chose to become poor (leaving Heaven and all that belonged to him as Gods' Son) so that we might become rich. We have been given permanent residence in Heaven and that inheritance won't perish. I will one day live in a mansion where the wood won't rot and the roof won't need replaced. I don't realize that I am rich because I am thinking in terms of what I can see instead of thinking of what's to come. Yes, the roof and other home repairs have to be dealt with and sure I know that the Lord expects us to take care of those things, but ... God is so good to remind me that His grace is sufficient and He will provide in His time. He has shown me yet another glimpse of His glory and Heaven ( my forever home) and that always calms my spirit. So I say ALL of this to say. Go to God's word every day. He won't let you down. Yes, I still have a problem and still need to save money to take care of repairs, but I have been reminded of the riches of His Grace. His word is what gets me through the day. His promises are true. God is my rock and I want to share Him with you.

May He bless us all.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I will certainly be praying. I woke up Saturday morning to find that my house was flooded. Two pipes had frozen and burst. The entire downstairs was flooded including my laundry room and into my garage. It was truly heartbreaking but nothing lost that cannot be replaced. I was too reminded Earthly objects do not count it's the things of Heaven I treasure.
I hope Olivia has a good day back at school. Take care and thank you again for sharing so much with me (and everyone who reads your blog). It truly is inspirational.
Melanie

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy