Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Out of school again

My Livie is out of school again today. No it isn't due to snow or really being sick. She woke up to find a terrible itchy rash over a good portion of her body. I knew immediately that it was an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin she's been on for the past week. I took her to the doctor at 8:30 and sure enough I was right. My grandmother, mother and I are all allergic to penicillin, amoxicillin and celph??? so today we found out that Olivia is just like us. She was given a shot of cortisone and a pass to miss school today. I've already talked to her teacher, who was sweet enough to call my cell to check on her. I guess she and I will continue playing board games and hanging out. I am thankful to be at home and able to care for her when she needs me. Chris is traveling in Asheville today, so pray for his safety on the slippery roads. Pray for Olivia's rash to go away (especially the itchy part :-) that's rough. So far so good. That shot has already made several patches fade away. She's a tough girl.

Take care and have a great day. My spelling is probably way off today ... just ignore it :-) I do.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy