Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Soap box day

Do you ever wonder why they make green tums? I personally don't like the taste of them (hardly anyone I ask likes them) and yet that's the color that always comes out. Why can't they make a pack of ALL orange tums? When I feel bad enough to need a tums I don't want to be further frustrated by searching the pack for an orange one.

How do you feel about the language people use today? I was talking to an "older" lady in my neighborhood recently and in the midst of our conversation she said; "shut up". I was shocked to say the least. As we continued to talk she said it again. I thought to myself, this lady is to old to try to be "cool" by using this popular phrase. I don't think there is anything "cool" about the phrase. If I say shut up that means I am talking to my dog and I want her to stop barking. That is not something you say to people you like.

Sex may sell, but come on why is it that EVERY commercial tries to use sex appeal?? Food is sexy, dust mops are sexy, if you buy a certain deodorant or shampoo you'll be sexy. Give me a break! I just want to eat and smell good and have clean hair. Our world has gone wild.

I visited several historical homes over the weekend and love the simple way those folks lived. Sure they didn't have many of the items we have, but lets face it, their homes weren't cluttered and their needs were met. I am longing for those simple times. Pray for revival of our land. Pray for our president. Praise God for your blessings.

Have a glorious day.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy