Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spiritual gifts

My devotion this morning was about judgement for believers. I read in 2 Corinthians 5: 1 -10. Verse 10 says "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." (New International version) We all have been given talents and or gifts from the Lord. The question on the day of judgement will be how we chose to use those talents and gifts? Did we use that wealth or fame for our own glory or did we use it to bring glory to the Lord? Several months ago I went to a website called http://www.elmertowns.com/ and took his spiritual gifts test. On that day my top three spiritual gifts were :

1. Mercy shower
2. exhorter
3. giver

Since I am posting about gifts today I decided to take the test again a few minutes ago to see how my gifts compared to several months back. Here are my top three:

1. Mercy Shower
2. giver
3. exhorter

It is possible that since my husband is going on a mission trip my awareness of helping others go on mission trips caused #2 and #3 to flip flop in order. However, my #1 gift has remained the same. That is how the Lord wants to use me. Lord help me as I seek to do your will and glorify you through my gift of mercy shower. Lord please be with those reading this blog. Father I ask that you will reveal to the reader their spiritual gifts so they too will know how best to serve you. In your sweet name I pray, Amen.

If you've never taken the spiritual gifts test try it and see what your gifts are. Then put them to use for the Lord.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy