Thursday, April 30, 2009

cracked egg

I made a meatloaf earlier and as I was adding the ingredients I thought of the egg and how I almost always forget to put it in. My mother says the egg is very important because it is what holds the meatloaf together. Does that make sense? How could a cracked (broken to pieces) egg hold it together? It makes you think doesn't it? Something that is fragile to start with, then broken into pieces can be used to hold something else together. Wow, that's got God written all of over it. I think of story after story of people broken and used by God. We all have those stories of loss and sadness and then victory in Jesus. Yes, I have been an egg for Jesus and no I didn't like it at the time, but He used me and held me together. Are you broken right now? Do you feel like that cracked egg? Remember Jesus is always with you and will keep you.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy